Hello dear readers! Welcome to my first of many how-to embroidery tutorials!
FSL is one of my favorite styles of embroidery, which is why I offer such a variety of my own original designs in my shop. I love using FSL to create fun and original accessories, like brooches, necklaces, and hair clips, to dress up my favorite outfits! Floral FSL pieces make wonderful gifts for friends and family who love to accessorize with style. You can also use FSL to create jewelry and customized clothing for yourself, your friends, or for sale!
Today, I will teach you how to create beautiful FSL flowers using this lovely Magnolia design as an example.
1. To get started, choose your colors! The instructions have a suggested color story you can use or you can pick any colors you like! To get a seamless result, make sure that the top and bottom thread matches in color
2.Prepare your water-soluble stabilizer. If your stabilizer isn’t thick enough, use two layers. To layer, cut 2 pieces of stabilizer in opposite directions (perpendicular to each other). Next, iron on low-medium heat (never high heat!) to remove any wrinkles. Then, spray pieces with spray glue and attach.To ensure that it is taught on the embroidery frame, secure the stabilizer with safety pins along the perimeter of the frame.
3.Embroider the design.
4.When you are done, remove the finished piece from the frame and cut off any excess pieces of stabilizer
5. Rinse the finished piece with warm water to remove the stabilizer. Do not keep the embroidery wet for a long time – you don’t want to wash off the stabilizer completely as it will help the FSL piece hold its shape. Usually, during rinsing, the leaves bend a little bit. This is actually a good thing: leave them bent, for a natural floral look.
6. Leave to air dry or use a blow dryer to speed up the process.
7. When all the pieces are dry, glue or sew them together and add any other decorations you may like – beads, ribbon, rhinestones, etc.
8. You’re done! Enjoy your gorgeous creation!
If you’d like to see more of these tutorials, let me know in the comment section of this post! Submit any requests, so I can create tutorials that you want to see!
33 thoughts on “How to Make a Magnolia Flower”
Thank you! I would love to see more tutorials.
Thank you! I really appreciate the opinion.
I love this tutorial and the flower is so beautiful ?! More tutorials please!
Thank you! I really appreciate this opinion. And I will prepare new tutoliar.
love the tutorials such a big help in creating these lovely items
Thank you )
Thank you for this tutorial. I would love to see more of these type tutorials.
Thank so much for this..
You are awesome…great art
Thanks I love it
I agree. Tutorial is very helpful. Thanks
Thank you very much for your tutorial. beautiful
Thank you )
Love it, Thank you for the tutorial, very easy to follow, I’m definitely going to give it a try. Would love to see more tutorials.
Excited to try making these…just lovely and the tutorial is much appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Спасибо большое за мастер-класс)
Hello. Thank you for helping me to make my purchase of the magnolia FSL flower. Now I can’t figure out how to download it. Sorry. can you help again. Thanks. Mary
Thank you for your purchase! I wrote to you on your email.
Thank you so much for the fabulous free designs! Your website has become my favorite, and I hope to purchase more designs very soon. All my best wishes to you for continued success.
Thank you! I am very pleased!
Beautiful designs. Please can we have more tutorials on how to assemble your 3D flowers.
Thank you !
I love your designs. Thank you kindly for your generosity.